Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) airport is served by most major airlines, as well as Air Tran, Southwest, Spirit, and Sun Country. For a complete list, check the MSP Airport website: http://www.mspairport.com/airlines.aspx.
Coffee and Treats
- Ginko Coffeehouse (1 mi.) 721 N. Snelling Ave, 651-645-2647. Live music.
- Groundswell Coffee (1.7 mi.) 1340 Thomas Ave, 651-645-6466
- Cahoots Coffee Bar (2 mi.) 1562 Selby Ave, 651-644-6778.
- Dunn Brothers (3 mi.) 1569 Grand Ave., 651-698-0618.
- Caribou Coffee (3 mi.) 68 Snelling Ave. S., 651-690-0083.
- Just Truffles (2 mi.), 1363 Grand Ave. 651-690-0075. Oprah’s favorite!
- Workhorse Coffee Bar (1.7 mil.) 2399 University Avenue W, Saint Paul, MN 55114
Irish Pubs & Local Breweries
- Blackstack Brewing (across the street from Celtic Junction) 755 Prior Avenue North
- The Dubliner (1 mi.) 2162 University Ave. W., 651-646-5551. Limited menu.
- Urban Growler Brewing Company (1.1 mi.) 2325 Endicott Street, St. Paul. Located in an industrial area, this brewery has good food and a great outdoor patio.
- Patrick McGovern's Pub. (6 mi.) 225 West Seventh St., St. Paul, 651-224-5821.
- Merlins Rest. (3 mi.) 3601 E Lake, Minneapolis, 612-216-2419. Session on Friday evenings. Excellent whiskey list.
- The Local. (7 mi.) 931 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, 612-904-1000.
- James J. Hill House. 240 Summit Ave., 55102. Tour the impressive home of the builder of the Great Northern Railway.
- Science Museum of MN. 120 Kellogg Blvd. W., 55102. Great exhibits, omnitheater.
- Guthrie Theater. 818 South 2nd St., Minneapolis,55415. 612.377.2224
- Minnesota History Center. 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., 55102. Interactive exhibits on the history of Minnesota.
- Minnesota Children’s Museum. 10 7th St W ., 55102. Kids will have a blast.
- Summit Brewery Tour. 910 Montreal Circle, 55102 Minnesota’s popular brew. Includes samples.
- Como Park Zoo. Minnesota’s oldest zoo (and it’s free!) Ride the restored carousel, visit the conservatory, take time for a picnic.
- Can Can Wonderland. Mini golf, art, food and more directly across the street from the Celtic Junction!
- Newell Park. Beautiful family park near the Celtic Junction. Great for a picnic.
- Summit Avenue Walking Tour. St. Paul’s most historic street.
- St. Paul Gangster Tour. See where John Dillinger used to hang out.