Minnesota Irish Music Weekend
June 9-11, 2017
We invite you to join us for the 10th Annual Minnesota Irish Music Weekend, June 9-11, 2017. Presented by the Center for Irish Music, the Minnesota Irish Music Weekend is a unique festival that pairs world-class traditional Irish musicians and teachers with learners of all ages and abilities for a weekend of workshops, lectures, the Friday night Great Session Experience and a rare and virtuosic Saturday night concert featuring the visiting artists.
Each of our visiting artists is recognized for their musical mastery, and will offer insights and techniques to help learners tap into the deep roots of traditional Irish music.
Featuring World-Class Traditional Musicians
- John Carty - fiddle, banjo
- Colm O'Donnell - flute, whistle, song
- James Kelly - fiddle
- Méabh Begley - accordion, song
- Sean Gavin - flute, uilleann pipes
MIM 2017 Programs
- Beginner Program - 7-11 years
- Irish Trad Immersion Camp - 9-12 years, intermediate level
- Teen Program - 12-19 years, intermediate-advanced level
- Adult workshops, lectures and interviews - all levels!
MIM 2017 Public Events
- Great Session Experience
- MIM Master Artists Concert
- Pre-concert dinner & session
VOLUNTEERS - The Minnesota Irish Music weekend will be full of incredible music and fun activities. And we need volunteers like you to make it a success! Registration, concert set-up, food set-up, and general clean-up…..even just an hour of your time can make a big difference. Please consider sharing your talents with the CIM community by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with your name, phone number, e-mail, available day/time and any specific areas of interest. You can also submit an on-line volunteer form here. All ages are welcome!