updated 3/18/19 HCM
CIM Logowear - We're opening another CIM logowear order in anticipation of the Midwest Fleadh. Orders are due by March 29, with products to be available for pick-up at CIM the week before the fleadh. Visit the online order form here. Paper order forms are available in the lobby.
Keep up with CIM in March/April! - Due to an overwhelming number of gigs coming up for our students and instructors, we've created a page to list them all. Check out our St. Patrick's Day 2019 page under the Events tab. Be sure to keep an eye on all our social media channels as well. This listing goes into the first weeks of April, so keep checking even after St. Patrick's Day itself is over.
Midwest Fleadh News - Be sure to visit our Midwest Fleadh 2019 page for a complete overview of the fleadh. Registration is now open, with $50 late fees for registrations after March 31. The CIM is taking a bus to the fleadh again this year. Please contact Hannah if you'd like to register to ride on the bus. All passengers need to fill out a waiver to ride the bus, and fleadh bus payments are due Friday, March 22.
Cherish the Ladies on Wednesday, March 20 - Registration is now closed for the Cherish the Ladies Meet and Greet on Wednesday, March 20, from 7:00-8:30pm.
- January 28 - May 26 - Spring Term
- March 20 - 7:00-8:30pm, Meet & Greet with Cherish the Ladies
- March 22 - Fleadh Bus Payments Due
- March 29 - Spring Merch Orders Due
- April 1-7 - CIM closed for spring break
- April 13 - Practice Fleadh, 9am-2pm
- April 26-28 - Midwest Fleadh Cheoil in Chicago
- May 12 - Spring Youth Recitals: 1pm, 2:30pm, 4pm
- May 15 - Financial Aid Application Deadline
- May 17 - Spring Adult Student Open Mic, 7-9pm
- May 18 - Young Learners' Session @ CIM, 10-11:30am
The Center for Irish Music welcomes students of any age and level! We love our students and are so happy to have you as a part of our traditional Irish music family. Please take a moment to peruse our website. In addition to information about the CIM, this website includes a wealth of information about the local Twin Cities Irish music scene. Here are some useful online spots, both for admin and music.
- Bookmark this page! - for student announcements, upcoming dates, performances etc.
- CIM's Facebook page is very active. "Like" our page and follow what we are up to.
- Important CIM Dates - we publish a pdf of important dates on our calendar page. We also do our best to keep our google calendar up to date (also on the calendar page).
- CIM newsletter - All CIM students are automatically signed up for our monthly newsletter. If you are not receiving our e-newsletter, please sign up on the newsletter page, or contact us at email@example.com. All newsletters are archived on our newsletter page.
- CIM Policies - if you ever need to refer to our policies for private lessons or classes, they are here!
- YOUR student portal!! You have a student portal with our online registration system, where you can access your account, see when your lessons are and view your past enrollment. Click on the "Student Portal" link at the upper right-hand corner of every page of our site! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- CIM Common Repertoire - (under the "Resources" tab). Every few years, we develop an online resource of tunes for our students. This is a great place to learn tunes that your fellow students will know. We are currently working on a 2016 common repertoire.
- Recitals - we hold two recitals a year for all of our students and encourage ALL of you to participate. Our recitals are one of the BEST places to meet new musical friends and families.
- Local Sessions - be a part of the Twin Cities' vibrant tune-playing community by going to listen or play at a session! Don't be shy. . . You may even be able to convince your instructor to go with you—or maybe he or she is already there every week! Former CIM instructor Tom Lockney runs a learner's session at Keegan's pub on Sundays from 4-6pm that many of our students attend.
- Instruments FAQ page - there is a small amount of information about where/how to buy Irish traditional instruments and recommendations of local businesses that will help you with repairs. This information comes directly from our instructors - they are your best resource for any instrument-related questions!
- Local Music Competitions & Midwest Fleadh Cheoil pages - for those of you who benefit from the pressure of a good, solid deadine (that is likely most of you)! We highly recommend these opportunities, particularly for under-18 musicians, as a way to improve and increase your enjoyment of the music.
CIM Google Calendar
We keep this google calendar up to date with events, classes, workshops, board meetings and event planning committee meetings.
Visit this google document to learn about how to stay connected to things at CIM!